For Terminal Velocity we were required to implement many aspects of the driving simulation for ourselves. Given no prior knowledge of car physics, this was a challenging task. Much time was spent researching as a result- learning how to achieve the required behaviour.
Terminal Velocity implements many advanced features, some of which include:
- Tyre, car and engine physics. Havok integration.
- Dynamic bump mapping and lighting.
- Cube map reflections and water.
- Static (light map) and dynamic shadows.
- Post processing effects such as depth of field and edge outline.