As such physics was an important subject throughout our games development degree. For a final challenge, we were tasked to create a full rigid body simulation- modelling a trampoline. Furthermore we were not to use any physics SDKs or libraries, only code written ourselves.
The following accomplishments were made during this task:
- Full soft body simulation with added RK4 integration for accuracy.
- Rigid/soft body interactions & reactions
- Oriented bounding box collisions.
- Techniques to produce more stable contacts.
- Broad phase collision detection optimisations.
- Specular lighting shader for easier visualisation.
- Wireframe mode and other debugging features.