Beginning with just a few wireframe polygons on screen, the project grew as I learned more. Eventually simple polygons grew into a full maze, OpenGL rendering was added, sound incorporated and enemies created. Each step forward brought with it new challenges and experiences.
The final version of the game sports many features, including:
- A selection of varied enemies and weapons.
- Vertex lighting and particle effects.
- Doors, movers and other level features.
- Custom level editor for map creation.
- Water effects using pixel shaders.
- Music and sound.